REMEMBER, NOW YOU HAVE ONLY STARTED ON YOUR STANDUP FIGHTING JOURNEY.
Note: MY level 3 brown belt, & 4 black belt basic workout: Always cross-train. I do this workout about 3x times a week, usually after a long jog (45min) or stair work. I'm wearing 15 or 20kg weights vest, wrist weights, using 15kg sledgehammer hitting mag-tyres always prior to using heavy bag. COULD YOU HANDLE IT??? Start with: warm up (mini trampoline is good) then stretches, burpees with (weights optional) until fail, shadow spar, joining, attack, etc. Run stairs with weights vest, ibuki breathing, shinai attack defence with partner. otherwise you are almost wasting your time- MUST OPEN YOUR MIND- Visualize, simulate. (or sprints training, 100m x 5,10, or 20 etc, wear weights vest, wrist weights optional). 30mins. (train to fail, ibuki breathing to recover, train to fail, ibuki breathing to recover, this is throughout your sessions- once use to it, your recovery is so much quicker- train hard, but SMART).
1. At Home Gym, Club or Dojo, warmup, stretch, Prayer IN, weights vest on then ADD THESE TWO - Squat thrusts with barbell, then Power Chain, have 2x two metre chains (not to thick - has to slide thru centre of weight) tie to something chest height, shoulder width apart, slide chain thru middle of weight, repeat with other chain, grab unsecure chain ends, lift up both chains to hip height, both weights should slide alone chain,good, now start shaking both chains - use 5kg or under 1st - do 5x 1 min to start add weights as you need - us animals use two 20kg weights then, nice burn, done? now 100 hits with sledge hammer (15kg) onto tyre. Ibuki breathing each hit. Continue warmup with all joining techniques in slow time, real time and above real time etc. OPEN MIND - This workout will enhance your Super CORE Strength.
2. heavy bag, 16oz gloves, wetsuit optional, 20kg weights vest, elastic band, 1 or 2kg wrist weights, pyramid training 1 to 15 back down 15 to 1 ( or,20,25, etc), kicks start with thigh kick, then front kick then head kick (both legs) then some hand & feet combinations, with partner use (Shinai, on back - also attack, defence, if you don't then you are almost wasting your time.), 30 mins to 1 hour. Always visualize & simulate.
3. heavy bag, sprint bagwork until fail, 20kg weights vest & 1kg or 2kg wrist weights, ibuki breathing, visualize, simulate- (with partner add shinai, if you don't then your are almost wasting your time), 30-1 hr
4. free bagwork, still wearing weights vest and wrist weights, specific combinations, always moving, fake, join, block, attack, switch, axe kicks, spinning back etc, visualize and simulate. ( End with shinai defence.joining, if not then you are almost wasting your time ). 30min-1hr.
5. Floor to ceiling ball workout, punches first, slow time, add kicks, slow time, then after awhile to real time, adding joining techniques visualization only. Add wrist weights, weights vest to make it harder. great for eye hand leg coordination. Still finish with Shinai reflex training. 10-30 mins.
6. Vertical knee ups using forearm supports, then roped medicine ball twists and or situps 10kg until fail (3x to 5x sets), etc all exercises done with resistance, elastic band, dumbells, kettlebells, more polymetric training etc. speed ball training hands & feet, also body contact-conditioning, Always Ibuki breathing: (Finish with shinai defence-joining, if not then you are almost wasting your time). 30min-1hr. You choose what exercises to suit. Every workout - strengthen your CORE.
7. Weights training for whole body, AT END OF BAGWORK OR BEFORE - YOUR CHOICE -do dead lifts to start wearing 20kg weights vest, then curls with vest on, then bent over flyes still with vest on - now take vest off and do bench press, incline press, decline press, decline squats, hamstring rips, forearm uprights, curls, 3 to 5 sets at 8 to 10 reps. 30 mins to 1 hr.
8. warm down, stretch down. Shadow spar joining techniques slow time only. Prayer OUT.
YOU CAN ALSO MAKE THIS WORKOUT INTO A CIRCUIT - ADD MORE TRAINING EQUIPMENT - to your above training routine, ie, power chain, roped medicine ball for side twists, floor to ceiling ball, speed ball, agility poles, crooked poles if you are an animal.
NOTE: Always finish each routine with Shinai defence/joining techniques, otherwise you are almost wasting your time. There are heaps of workouts for you to do, however, the above one works really well. In your classes, workouts, how much partner training/joining techniques do you do? A day, none?, a week some? a month? a little, seriously, if you don't do any each month, week, day, start now. None is not an option. You will not develop your eye hand leg coordination to a high level otherwise, therefore, not using your Full Potential. Do some everyday, just 10 mins, better than none.
MAKE SURE YOU OPEN YOUR MIND BEFORE AND DURING WORKOUT - KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR- OPPONENTS BODY MOVEMENTS, ETC. VISUALIZE AT ALL TIMES - STAY SWITCHED ON
A BLACK BELT IS A WHITE BELT WHO "NEVER SAYS NEVER."
Enjoy your standup fighting journey..